About this service
This is the authority given by the court to administer the estate of someone who has died without making a will.
Why do I need it?
If you have lost a loved one who did not leave a Will and yet they left properties behind, you need letters of Administration in order to deal with that property. It is illegal to handle this property without this authority.
How do I get this service?
When you submit the form on the right, ASB advocates will contact you and later email you a form that you can fill. When the information is collected, we will process your Letters of Administration. This process could take up to 120 days.
In the meantime, Familiarise yourself with the following checklist of things we will require from you.
- A death Certificate(NIRA) and post-mortem report(Hospital)
- List of children/beneficiaries of the estate of the deceased and their ages
- Place/ address of the deceased by the time of death
- Estimate the value of the estate
- Relationship between the Applicant and the deceased and their ID
- Letter from the LCI Officials of the place where the deceased was buried
- Introduction Letter from Applicant’s LCI
- Passport photos of the Applicant
- Certified copies of Minutes of the family meeting where the Applicant is selected to make the Application/ Family Resolution