About this service
Probate is granted to an executor nominated under the will who is given the right to control the assets of a deceased person’s estate.
How do I get this service?
When you submit the form on the right, ASB advocates will contact you and later email you a form that you can fill. With the information collected, we will process your letters of Probate. This process could take up to 90 days.
In the meantime, Familiarise yourself with the following checklist of things we will require from you.
- Spouse’s full names(If married)
- Children, their full names and ages(if any)
- Dependants, full names and ages(both minors and adult dependants)
- Executors (Two or more trusted individuals to execute your will)
- List of your properties ie land, buildings, bank accounts, shareholding, vehicles, personal effects described with as much accuracy as possible. If any of the properties is co-owned, it should be mentioned and in what percentage.
- Specific Legacies ie, what would you like to give to whom.
- Matrimonial Home and how you want it treated.
- Customary Heir and any detailed responsibility you need them to perform or not.
- Debtors and other Obligations
Burial and Funeral arrangement.
- Details of other matters you want addressed
- Witnesses to the Will, at least two(2) or more persons.How to treat property acquired after making of the will.
- Where or with whom you would like to keep the different copies of the will.